Document Type : Original Article
Department of Mathematics, Jolfa International Branch, Islamic Azad University, Jolfa, Iran.
Department of Mathematics, Sowmesara Branch, Islamic Azad University, Sowmesara, Iran.
The traditional Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA) model on network-structured performance analysis normally considers desirable intermediate measures. In many real cases, the intermediate measures consist of both desirable and undesirable factors. The motivation of this paper is employing “Natural and managerial disposability” in two-stage network structures with undesirable intermediate measure. The non-cooperative game theory is proposed to study the two-stage structure. A real case of 34 OECD countries in 2012 has been illustrated to shed a light on applicability of the proposed methodology.
- Avilés-Sacoto, E. C., Avilés-Sacoto, S. V., Güemes-Castorena, D., & Cook, W. D. (2021). Environmental performance evaluation: a state-level DEA analysis. Socio-economic planning sciences, 78, 101082. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.seps.2021.101082
- Banker, R. D., Charnes, A., & Cooper, W. W. (1984). Some models for estimating technical and scale inefficiencies in data envelopment analysis. Management science, 30(9), 1078-1092. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.30.9.1078
- Charnes, A., Cooper, W. W., & Rhodes, E. (1978). Measuring the efficiency of decision making units. European journal of operational research, 2(6), 429-444. https://doi.org/10.1016/0377-2217(78)90138-8
- Mavi, R. K., Saen, R. F., & Goh, M. (2019). Joint analysis of eco-efficiency and eco-innovation with common weights in two-stage network DEA: a big data approach. Technological forecasting and social change, 144, 553-562. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.techfore.2018.01.035
- Omrani, H., Alizadeh, A., Emrouznejad, A., & Teplova, T. (2022). A robust credibility DEA model with fuzzy perturbation degree: An application to hospitals performance. Expert Systems with Applications, 189, 116021.
- Porter, M. E., & Van der Linde, C. (1995). Toward a new conception of the environment-competitiveness relationship. Journal of economic perspectives, 9(4), 97-118. DOI: 1257/jep.9.4.97
- Shao, L., Yu, X., & Feng, C. (2019). Evaluating the eco-efficiency of China's industrial sectors: a two-stage network data envelopment analysis. Journal of environmental management, 247, 551-560. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jenvman.2019.06.099
- Sueyoshi, T., & Goto, M. (2010). Measurement of a linkage among environmental, operational, and financial performance in Japanese manufacturing firms: a use of Data Envelopment Analysis with strong complementary slackness condition. European journal of operational research, 207(3), 1742-1753. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejor.2010.07.024
- Sueyoshi, T., & Goto, M. (2010). Should the US clean air act include CO2 emission control?: examination by data envelopment analysis. Energy policy, 38(10), 5902-5911. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enpol.2010.05.044
- Sueyoshi, T., & Goto, M. (2011). DEA approach for unified efficiency measurement: assessment of Japanese fossil fuel power generation. Energy economics, 33(2), 292-303. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eneco.2010.07.008
- Sueyoshi, T., & Goto, M. (2011). Methodological comparison between two unified (operational and environmental) efficiency measurements for environmental assessment. European journal of operational research, 210(3), 684-693. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejor.2010.10.030
- Sueyoshi, T., & Goto, M. (2011). Measurement of returns to scale and damages to scale for DEA-based operational and environmental assessment: how to manage desirable (good) and undesirable (bad) outputs?. European journal of operational research, 211(1), 76-89. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejor.2010.11.013
- Sueyoshi, T., & Goto, M. (2012). Data envelopment analysis for environmental assessment: comparison between public and private ownership in petroleum industry. European journal of operational research, 216(3), 668-678. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejor.2011.07.046
- Sueyoshi, T., & Goto, M. (2013). Returns to scale vs. damages to scale in data envelopment analysis: an impact of US clean air act on coal-fired power plants. Omega, 41(2), 164-175. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.omega.2010.04.005
- Sueyoshi, T., & Goto, M. (2012). Returns to scale and damages to scale under natural and managerial disposability: strategy, efficiency and competitiveness of petroleum firms. Energy economics, 34(3), 645-662. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eneco.2011.07.003
- Sueyoshi, T., & Goto, M. (2012). Environmental assessment by DEA radial measurement: US coal-fired power plants in ISO (Independent System Operator) and RTO (Regional Transmission Organization). Energy economics, 34(3), 663-676. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eneco.2011.08.016
- Sueyoshi, T., & Goto, M. (2012). Weak and strong disposability vs. natural and managerial disposability in DEA environmental assessment: comparison between Japanese electric power industry and manufacturing industries. Energy economics, 34(3), 686-699. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eneco.2011.10.018
- Sueyoshi, T., & Goto, M. (2012). DEA radial measurement for environmental assessment and planning: desirable procedures to evaluate fossil fuel power plants. Energy policy, 41, 422-432. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enpol.2011.11.003
- Sueyoshi, T., Goto, M., & Ueno, T. (2010). Performance analysis of US coal-fired power plants by measuring three DEA efficiencies. Energy policy, 38(4), 1675-1688. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enpol.2009.11.017
- Sueyoshi, T., Yuan, Y., & Goto, M. (2017). A literature study for DEA applied to energy and environment. Energy economics, 62, 104-124. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eneco.2016.11.006
- Tachega, M. A., Yao, X., Liu, Y., Ahmed, D., Li, H., & Mintah, C. (2021). Energy efficiency evaluation of oil producing economies in Africa: DEA, malmquist and multiple regression approaches. Cleaner environmental systems, 2, 100025. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cesys.2021.100025
- Wang, D., Du, Z., & Wu, H. (2020). Ranking global cities based on economic performance and climate change mitigation. Sustainable cities and society, 62, 102395. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scs.2020.102395
- Wang, R., Wang, Q., & Yao, S. (2021). Evaluation and difference analysis of regional energy efficiency in China under the carbon neutrality targets: insights from DEA and Theil models. Journal of environmental management, 293, 112958. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jenvman.2021.112958
- Zhao, P., Zeng, L., Li, P., Lu, H., Hu, H., Li, C., ... & Qi, Y. (2022). China's transportation sector carbon dioxide emissions efficiency and its influencing factors based on the EBM DEA model with undesirable outputs and spatial Durbin model. Energy, 238, 121934. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2021.121934