Document Type : Original Article
Department of Mathematics, Payame Noor University, Tehran, iran.
In most real-world issues, we are dealing with situations where accurate data and complete information are not available. One way to deal with these uncertainties in real life is to use Grey System Theory (GST). In this paper, a linear programing problem in a grey environment with interval Grey Numbers (GN) is considered. Most of the proposed methods for solving grey linear programing problems are done by using GN whitening and turning the problem into a common linear programing problem. However, in this paper we seek to solve the grey linear programing problem directly without turning it into a regular linear programing problem in order to maintain uncertainty in the original problem data in the final answer. For this purpose, by proving the desired theorems, we propose a method based on the initial simplex algorithm to solve grey linear programing problems. This method is simpler than the previous methods. We emphasize that the proposed concept is useful for real and practical situations. To illustrate the efficiency of the method, we solve an example of Grey Linear Programming (GLP).
- Dantzig, G. B. (1998). Linear programming and extensions (Vol. 48). Princeton University Press.
- Rardin, R. L. (1998). Optimization in Operations Research. Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River. https://industri.fatek.unpatti.ac.id/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/173-Optimization-in-Operations-Research-Ronald-L.-Rardin-Edisi-2-2015.pdf
- Ju-Long, D. (1982). Control problems of grey systems. Systems & control letters, 1(5), 288-294. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-6911(82)80025-X
- Hsu, C. I., & Wen, Y. H. (2000). Application of grey theory and multiobjective programming towards airline network design. European journal of operational research, 127(1), 44-68.
- Sahinidis, N. V. (2004). Optimization under uncertainty: state-of-the-art and opportunities. Computers & chemical engineering, 28(6-7), 971-983. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compchemeng.2003.09.017
- Huang, G., & Dan Moore, R. (1993). Grey linear programming, its solving approach, and its application. International journal of systems science, 24(1), 159-172. https://doi.org/10.1080/00207729308949477
- Lin, Y., & Liu, S. (1999). Several programming models with unascertained parameters and their applications. Journal of multi‐criteria decision analysis, 8(4), 206-220.
- Liu, S.F., Dang, Y., Forrest, J. (2009). On positioned solution of linear programing with grey parameters. In Proceedings of the IEEE international conference on systems, man and cybernetics, San Antonio, TX, USA. DOI: 1109/ICSMC.2009.5346825
- Hajiagha, S. H. R., Akrami, H., & Hashemi, S. S. (2012). A multi‐objective programming approach to solve grey linear programming. Grey systems: theory and application, 2(2), 259-271.
- Mahmoudi, A., Liu, S., Javed, S. A., & Abbasi, M. (2019). A novel method for solving linear programming with grey parameters. Journal of intelligent & fuzzy systems, 36(1), 161-172.
- Voskoglou, M. G. (2018). Solving linear programming problems with grey data. Oriental journal of physical sciences, 3(1), 17-23.
- Saffar Ardabili, J., Darvishi Salokolaei, D., & Pour Ofoghi, F. (2020). Application of center and width concepts to solving grey linear programming. International journal of applied and computational mathematics, 6(49), 1-12. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40819-020-0800-2
- Li, Q., & Lin, Y. (2014). A briefing to grey systems theory. Journal of systems science and information, 2(2), 178-192.
- Li, Q. X., Liu S. F., Wang, N. A. (2014). Covered solution for a grey linear program based on a general formula for the inverse of a grey matrix. Grey systems: theory and application, 4(1), 72-94.
- Chen, Z., Chen, Q., Chen, W., Wang, Y. (2004). Grey linear programming. Kybernetes, 33(2), 238–246.
- Razavi Hajiagha, S.H., Akrami, H., Hashemi, S.S. (2012). A multi objective programming approach to solve grey linear programming. Grey systems: theory and application, 2(2), 259-271.
- Huang, G., Baetz, B. W., & Patry, G. G. (1992). A grey linear programming approach for municipal solid waste management planning under uncertainty. Civil Engineering Systems, 9(4), 319-335.
- Nasseri, S. H., Yazdani, A., & Darvishi Salokolaei, D. (2016). A primal simplex algorithm for solving linear programming problem with grey cost coefficients. Journal of new researches in mathematics, 1(4), 115-135.
- Liu, S. and Lin, Y. (2006). Grey information: theory and practical applications. London: Springer-Verlag. DOI: 1007/1-84628-342-6_9
- Darvishi, S. D. (2019). Some dual results in grey linear programing problems. Research in operations and applications, 16(3), 55-68.
- Darvishi, D., Forrest, J., Liu, S. (2019). A comparative analysis of grey ranking approaches. Grey systems: theory and application, 9(4), 472-487.
- Darvishi Salookolaei, D. D., & Nasseri, S. H. (2020). A dual simplex method for grey linear programming problems based on duality results. Grey systems: theory and application, 10(2), 145-157.
- Liu, S., Yang, Y., Forrest, J. (2017). Grey data analysis. Springer, Singapore. https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-981-10-1841-1
- Nasseri, S.H., Darvishi Salokolaei, D. (2015). Modeling livestock rations in conditions of uncertainty using the Grey systems Research in its operations and applications, 12(4), 29-45. (In Persian). https://www.sid.ir/paper/164446/fa
- Nasseri, S. H., & Darvishi, D. (2018). Duality results on grey linear programming problems. Journal of grey system, 30(3), 127-142.
- Pourofoghi, F., Saffar Ardabili, J., & Darvishi Salokolaei, D. (2019). A new approach for finding an optimal solution for grey transportation problem. International journal of nonlinear analysis and applications, 10, 83-95. DOI: 22075/IJNAA.2019.4399
- Saffar Ardabili, J., Darvishi Salokolaei, D., & Pour Ofoghi, F. (2020). Application of center and width concepts to solving grey linear programming. International Journal of applied and computational mathematics, 6(42), 1-12. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40819-020-0800-2
- Pourofoghi, F., & Darvishi Salokolaei, D. (2020). Applying duality results to solve the linear programming problems with grey parameters. Control and optimization in applied mathematics, 5(1), 15-28. DOI: 30473/coam.2021.56072.1152
- Pourofoghi, F., Darvishi Salokolaei, D., & Saffar Ardabili, J. (2021). A new approach to finding the solution of transportation problem with grey parameters. Journal of operational research in its applications,18(2), 59-73. http://jamlu.liau.ac.ir/browse.php?a_id=1983&sid=1&slc_lang=en
- Baidya, A., Bera, U.K., Maiti, M. (2016). The grey linear programing approach and its application to multi-objective multi-stage solid transportation problem. Opsearch, 53(3), 500–522.
- Moore, R.E., Kearfott, R.B., Cloud, M.J. (2009). Introduction to interval analysis. SIAM Press, Philadelphia. https://epubs.siam.org/doi/pdf/10.1137/1.9780898717716.bm
- Honghua, W., Yong, M. (2013). Emerging technologies for information systems. Computing and management lecture notes in electrical engineering, 236, 97-106.